Where is Ticket-clothes produced?
Ticket to Heaven have the clothes produced in Asia, mainly in China. We have approximately 20 good suppliers, several of whom we have worked with for many years. This is a good starting point for working with CSR in our chain of supply.
We have seen many improvements in the working conditions at our suppliers through the last years, but there are still challenges and dilemmas, this is why we in 2011 have strengthened this effort by preparing guidelines and goals. Ticket to Heaven will continue to ensure socially responsible conditions on the factories producing our clothes and yard goods. Read about our goals for responsible purchasing here (pdf).
Photos from one of our production sites in China
How does Ticket to Heaven work regarding purchases?
Our frame for this effort is BSCI (Business Social Compliance Initiative). BSCI is a non-profit organisation, which has established a ”code of conduct” in addition to a number of tools and a common platform for responsible management of suppliers.
BSCI’s code of conduct primarily contains clauses on employee rights, and at present a small number of clauses on environment and anti corruption.
Read all of BSCI’s code of conduct including an introduction to the BSCI-process prepared by Ticket to Heaven here (pdf.). Read more on BSCI webpage.
What does the work with BSCI consist of?
In short, a BSCI-process for the supplier consists of following elements:
- Capacity build up through dialog and local workshops
- Self evaluation in regards to the code of conduct
- Third party auditing, i.e. an evaluation of the factory in relation to the demands in the code of conduct
- Planning of improvements, if the supplier does not pass the auditing
- Re-audit, i.e. re-evaluation of the factory
How far have we gotten in 2011?
- 45 % of our products were manufactured on factories which are BSCI approved
- Four suppliers have entered the BSCI -process, by among other things participating in BSCI workshops
Do we have a dialog with our suppliers concerning CSR?
Yes certainly. Ticket to Heaven emphasise having a constructive dialog with our suppliers concerning the healthy and beneficial aspects in integrating these principles in the way to run the factory- it will among other things improve working conditions and create loyal employees. We cannot guarantee that there are no violations of the code of conduct, but we focus on making a difference.