CSR-summery for 2011
Read a summery of Ticket to Heaven’s CSR-efforts in 2011:
Ticket to Heaven supports UN Global Compact and the ten principles; in the areas of human rights, labour, the environment and anti-corruption. Pernille Fogh Christensen has been employed as a CSR coordinator for 7 months in order to focus on CSR. A CSR-strategy for 2011-2015 has been established focusing on the following points:
Responsible purchasing. We are working on capacity build up, dialogue, local workshops and third party auditing for our suppliers through the organisation BSCI.
- In 2011 we have established clear guidelines and goals for this area
- 45 % of our products were manufactured on factories which are BSCI approved
- Four suppliers have entered the BSCI -process, by among other things participating in BSCI workshops
Environment. Ticket to Heaven will actively contribute to minimise the environmental influences, which occur in connection to the production of our clothes and the business operation. In 2011 we have mainly focused on:
- Environmental improvements relating to the operation of our offices and in our concept stores, among other things environmentally friendly office supplies and cleaning. We have also sat goals for the reduction of our CO2 emission
- Systematic work with the restriction of chemicals
Charity for Children. Ticket to Heaven is a company with strength to make a difference for children in need. This is one of the core values of the company.
In 2011Ticket to Heaven have supported:
- Building of schools on Madagascar through the Kids for Kids foundation and UNICEF
- Ticket- employees use working hours on Kids for Kids events. In 2011 the total amount of working hours spent corresponded to one full time employee for a whole year
- 10 pallets of clothes and collected toys have been sent to NANU children on Greenland.